SERVINGS: 6-8; 30 Minutes
- 3-4 Large Tomatoes
- 16 oz Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (or 4 tsp minced)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 tbps Balsamic Vinegar
- 10-12 Large, Whole, Basil Leaves (rinsed)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Prepare ingredients including: dicing garlic, slicing the tomatoes, slice the cheese.
- Place 1 tbsp of olive oil into a sauce pan along with garlic. Cook garlic on low to medium heat until just brown. Turn heat down to low and add balsamic vinegar. Let the vinegar and garlic simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Allow to cool.
- Add remaining olive oil to vinegar mixture and blend.
- Arrange the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella in an alternating fashion on the plate. For instance tomato, mozzarella slice, large basil leaf.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the tomatoes and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. If needed, you can drizzle some more olive oil over the mixture or add salt and pepper to taste.
This dish is perfect to make a few hours ahead of time and allow the flavors to sit and blend. However, you can simply make and serve as well!